Festivals of India
See how many you can guess correctly.
1. Which festival is also popularly called the “Festival of lights?”
d. Guru Nanak Jayanti
2. This festival marks the birth of Lord Krishna.
a. Karva Chauth
3. Which festival is celebrated during the course of nine nights?
a. Ganesh Chaturthi
c. Garden Festival
4. Which one of the below is the “festival of breaking the fast?”
d. Karva Chauth
5. This festival celebrates the onset of monsoon in the month of Shravana.
b. Makar Sankranti
d. Govardhan Puja
6. What is the Parsi New Year known as?
c. Rosh Hashana
d. Hina Matsuri
7. Which festival marks the biggest cattle fair in the country?
a. Surajkund Mela
b. Hemis Festival
c. Pushkar Mela
d. Tarnetar Fair
8. This festival celebrates the entry of the sun into the Tropic of Capricorn in the month of Magha.
a. Vasanta Panchami
d. Makara Sankranti
9. Which festival is dedicated to the snakes in India?
a. Nag Panchami
b. Vasanta Panchami
10. It is the one and the only festival of colors.
c. Mahavir Jayanti
1. B, 2. B, 3. A, 4. A, 5. C, 6. C, 7. C, 8. A, 9. C, 10. B